The inn Tana de l’Ors is in Forno di Zoldo, the main village in the Zoldo Valley. It’s a place of unique beauty on the Dolomites, that have been included by UNESCO in the World Heritage List for their outstanding universal cultural and natural value. The valley is well known to connoisseurs for its natural beauties, its historical and cultural riches, and its mountaineering and skiing opportunities. Our mountains are unrivalled beauties such as Civetta, Pelmo, Bosconero, Mezzodì, Moiazza, San Sebastiano.
Here on the Dolomites, Unesco World Heritage, you will find:
- The Dolomiti Bellunesi National Park
- Reinhold Messner’s Museum in the Clouds, located in the World War One fortification on Mount Rite, also offering the most breathtaking view over the surrounding landscape.
- The Anello Zoldano (Zoldo Ring) – 5 days and 6 nights trekking on the mountains and to the Alpine Club mountain huts around us
- Alta Via n.1 (Europe High-Altitude Trail n.1), and Alta Via n.2 or Alta Via delle Leggende ( Europe High-Altitude Trail n.2 , known as ‘The Way of Legends’ ) –read more in www.dolomiti-altevie.it
- The Civetta Ski resort – Dolomiti Superski-
- Nordic ski trails, also lit up for evening and spectacular night practice
- A vast network of trails for any wish and ability. Climbing, hiking ( T, E, EE, EEA –Italian Alpine Club classification ), botanical and geological trails , nordic walking, mountain bike trails, horse riding, rafting and canyoning. Expert mountain guides and ski instructors will organize exciting programs and activities for your summer or winter days.
- Historical and cultural itineraries
- Work of arts: ancient paintings, sculptures and high reliefs from important artists such as Gamba, Besarel, Brustolon, the Vecellio school, or modern open-air murals from contemporary muralists in Cibiana.
- Adventure Park for children
- Tennis synthetic hardcourt , futsal pitch, ice skating facility on natural ice, ice hockey, ringette.
- And…us! with our suggestions on how to enjoy your stay.
- More: in a half-an-hour drive you can reach one of the most important schools of paragliding in Italy and lake Santa Croce, renowned among windsurfers and kitesurfers
- Still more: in a one-hour drive you will be in Cortina, Marmolada, Tre Cime di Lavaredo, Misurina, or Venice!
- From South: highway A 27, exit SS 51 Alemagna direction Cortina (ATT: o CADORE? ), drive to Longarone, turn left on SP 251 and follow directions Valle di Zoldo for 15 km.
- From North: highway A 22, exit Bressanone-Brixen , take SP 251, drive through Val Gardena to Passo Staulanza and Val di Zoldo-Zoldo Alto, drive 10 km on SP 251 to Forno di Zoldo; several other alternative very panoramic routes from Bressanone-Brixen to Forno di Zoldo and La Tana de l’Ors can be found on road maps or Google maps.
- From Marco Polo Venice Airport or Canova Treviso Airport, tollway A27, rent a car and follow instructions below.
For private transfer please contact us +39 0437 794097
- Alta Via/High-Altitude Trail n.1: from Pramperet hut walk down Val Prampera (trail n. 523) to the centre of Forno di Zoldo. Etd. time:2 hrs
- Alta Via/High-Altitude Trail n.3 : from Bosconero hut walk down on trail n. 456, then take trail XX to intersection SP 347 to Cibiana Cortina and SP 251 to Forno di Zoldo. Walk up Sp 251 for 1 km to the centre of the villane. Etd. time 3 hrs
- Anello Zoldano/Zoldo Ring: same as above HAT n.1 and HAT n.3 , or
- down from hut Sora’l Sass on trail n. 534.
- (ref. Tabacco map folio25 ‘Dolomiti di Zoldo Cadorine e Agordine’)